BOOK DRAMA ~ AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ~ HOPE MCGILL



When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
 I’ve always known that I wanted to write.  My love affair for books and words started when I was a small child.

Where do your ideas come from? 
 My ideas come from so many different things.  I was born and raised in Harlem.  I have always been fascinated with Brownstones.  I live very close to Strivers Row.   It was a definite must for me to use those beautiful houses with my first short story.  I am also a people watcher.  A laugh, smile, or even a frown will spark an idea for a character.  

How long does it take you to write a book? 
Each book is different.  Some take month’s others take weeks.  Pearls was a quick and easy story.  It took me about two months to write.  The main character Victor was sexy and complicated.  He was someone I would love to date so this story was fairly easy for me.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?   
I definitely outline the plot but sometimes things will switch up drastically.  I may use a beginning of a story line for the end.  

How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?  
I think I am a work in progress.  Embracing my vulnerabilities has helped me to become a lot more creative.

What is the hardest thing about writing?  
I would definitely say sharing your pain or hurt.  It can be therapeutic but it’s also very difficult.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? 
 Midnights are the golden time of the day for me.  The words spill easily like a cold drink of water. 

What is your latest release and what's next?  
My next release is “Pearls 2 – The Rocky Oliver Story”.  It is the follow up to my first Novel “Pearls”.



Synopsis
Victor Scott is a successful sexy bachelor from Harlem.  Particular about who he welcomes into his world he keeps most at bay.  A relaxing night and an open window lead to an unexpected interest in his seductive, voluptuous neighbor.Allured by her confidence and delightful proportions Pearl is everything that Victor desires.Does he settle forever being a voyeur?  Or does the voyeur become the one who is being watched?   


Excerpt
She emerged from her kitchen, crossing in front of the windows, with a goblet of wine in hand. Victor cracked his neck, anxious for her next move. Secretly, he had been watching her for months now. Stumbling in late after a long night of partying, he was on his way to the kitchen, when he caught a glimpse of her in her living room completely naked, painting. Her free-spirited nudity captivated him. “She” was his Pearl, the nickname he had given her. The pearl necklace she wore faithfully, always hung loosely from her neck. A voluptuous, caramel beauty, she had the air of a regal African goddess. Mango-sized breasts hung naturally to her plump, round stomach. The deep arch in her back made her ass stand out as a prized stallion’s would. Victor loved to watch her ass jiggle loosely, as she casually walked around her apartment in the buff. He wanted to rub his hands across the stretch marks on each side of her hips. It was more than just the visual of her rust-colored, large areolas, or the plump vagina in between her legs. The passion and intensity displayed on her face, while she would sit in front of the easel and paint turned him on. Completely smitten by her, she was everything that he wanted in a woman and then some. 






Post a Comment

0 Comments