BOOK DRAMA ~ AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ~ YOLANDA DUMAS






 My name is Yolanda Dumas and I'm a country girl from Tennessee.  I love to read, write, cook and take care of the people I love.  .  I have no children but treat my nieces and nephews like I gave birth to them.  I'm also a widow for fifteen years.  He was my soul mate and I've never found anyone who could step up to the plate and treat me like his queen as he did.   I'm a full-time logistics clerk and a full-time caregiver to my mom.  Writing is my passion and has been since I was in grade school but never was able to fulfill that passion until later in my life.  I'm enjoying creating characters and spinning a tale of how they survive romance, life and the struggle to have it all.  My genres include Romance, BWWM romance, Multicultural Romance all mixed with Urban Fiction.  I mix a lot of hot sexy scenes in my stories as these women and men try to find love.  

 I got my lucky break in June 2015 when I was signed with Blake Karrington Presents and I've had published three books so far that are available on Amazon in e-book format.  They are "Complicated Love Affairs, Tempestuous Entanglements and Torn Between Love and Lust".  I'm presently working on my fourth book "Tempestuous Entanglements 2 -- The Aftermath.  

I'm very blessed to be featured in this Blog and want to personally thank Julia Press-Simmons for giving me the opportunity to promote myself and my work.  If you all decide to read a copy of my stories I would like to thank you in advance for supporting me.
 
 

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I've always wanted to be a writer since I read my first book back in the seventies.  My family didn't think it would be very beneficial financially for me when I graduated from high school and I became a secretary for ten years.  When I got tired of getting up early every morning and dressing up I did a complete turn around and went to work in manufacturing working 2nd shift and have been there ever since.  I'm a Logistics Analysts now at the age of 52 and also a published author.


Where do your ideas come from?
I pick up a pencil and grab a composition and began to write what pops in my mind.  Sometimes I get ideas from some of the contest I enter giving you a plot to write on with so many words.  I usually take it further and create a total book around it.  It just all depends how my mind is working when I began writing a story.

How long does it take you to write a book?
My first three books that are published took about a year.  I wrote each one after the other.  The fourth book I'm working on is taking me a while because I don't know where to end it having so many characters involved and bringing their stories to a conclusion if I don't decide to keep the story line going. 

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
No.  As I mentioned in one of your earlier questions, I grab a pencil and paper and begin writing.  It may take me a few pages to get an idea going but once it does the story builds in my mind and if nothing else around me is a distraction, I can write for hours.  On "Complicated Love Affairs" I wrote for sixteen hours straight.  I've never done that again but when I get in the groove I can write for at least eight. 

How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
With each new book and reading the readers reviews I learn what I need to do to improve my craft.  The majority of them complain about the editing and some think my stories are a bit unreal but it's fiction and I like what I write.  I want to work on being more creative.  I have some ideas I want to look into after I get done with the two series I'm working on now "Complicated Love Affairs" series and "Tempestuous Entanglement" series that are different from the genre I write now.   But if it's a good review or bad one I take that information and try to better myself and the next story.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
…Finding the time to write.  So many other things always come up and by the time I'm ready to sit down to do some writing the day is gone and it's time to get things ready for the next day.  With my mom's decreasing health it's been a struggle but I try to do a little writing each day if it's only a page or two.  At least that's how it's been with the one I'm working on now.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
As I mentioned before, I work a full-time job 3 days on the weekends.  I'm a full-time caregiver to my Mom and I'm an author.  Very busy schedule and sometimes my time for writing is what suffers in the end but I working on trying to improve that. 

What is your latest release and what's next?
My latest release was "Torn Between Love and Lust" and I working on "Tempestuous Entanglements 2 -- The Aftermath.  I'm also working on the finale to the "Complicated Series but it isn't titled yet.







Lovely tries to shake off the effect he was having on her body.  When they exit the restaurant, she turns to look at him.  “Patrick you really don’t have to walk me to my car.  I’m right next door in the parking garage and I’m sure you need to get back to your office.”  “Now Lovely what kinda man would I be if I didn’t make sure you arrive safely to your destination.  What kind of impression would that leave on you about my manners?”  “You don’t have to keep trying to impress me Patrick.  You already know what I think about you.”  After being given the go-ahead to cross the street they finally reach the entrance of the garage.  “No I really don’t know how you feel but I’m pretty sure you are about to tell me.”  Walking inside heading towards the elevator before Lovely can respond, he wraps his arms around her waist pulling her close and whispers in her ear “Lovely I think you are afraid to find out if what we experienced during our last encounter together is the real deal.  The paralyzing desire we shared may have been a chance occurrence.  Remember the breathtaking passion; the fiery blaze ignited when our tongues fused together with our bodies wrapped in a tight embrace in each other’s arms.” 
Lovely couldn’t breathe; all the air suddenly leaving her lungs.  “Patrick, why are you doing this to me?  I can’t breathe, really need to be able to breathe” she barely whispers.  He sucks on her ear lobe before whispering in her ear again “Breathe baby, release all that anxiety and just breathe.”  His hands were roaming up and down her back and she begins to find some relief and comfort as the air slowly seeped back into her lungs.  The elevator doors  open finally and they were barely able to  step inside.  As soon as the doors closed Patrick pulls Lovely into his arms again kissing her hard and without thinking her arms wrap around his neck trying to get as close to his body as she could.  Their kiss was wild and passionate; their tongues tangled together making love.  The fire she felt building inside caused her to shiver like it was thirty degrees below zero.  She opens her eyes to see bright lights and stars flashing in front of her.  Her pussy was throbbing quickly and she suddenly wet between her legs as she smells the sweet scent of her arousal for the first time.  Patrick growls as the strong aroma of her essence reaching his nostrils and he pulls away from their embrace dropping to his knees sliding his hands under her dress and pulling down her wet panties. 
Lovely was in a trance trying to gain control of her senses and figure out what was happening to her.   Suddenly she feels Patrick’s wet tongue licking the intimate area between her legs and she looks down to see his head moving back and forth as his mouth loves on her honey pot.   All the sensations she felt was too much and something inside her shattered; her pussy was on fire; the inside walls constricting as his tongue moves in and out of her sucking on her tingling lips.  The explosion was massive.  She wasn’t expecting to feel such bliss, like floating on a cloud.  “Patrick” she screamed as he scrapes his teeth against her clitoris.  “Ah, Ah, Ah, Oh, Oh, Oh” she moans as once again her body trembles from the fiery heat shooting sparks thru her body.  She became so weak losing all feeling in her legs and begins sinking to the floor.  Patrick groans and reluctantly let's go of her sweet juicy wet lips to catch Lovely before she hits the floor.  

Suddenly the elevator begins to move upward and he quickly grabs Lovely’s panties off the floor lifting her up into his strong arms.  When the doors finally opened several people entered looking at them suspiciously.  One nosy lady asks “Is she okay?”  “Yeah she is fine.  She had a little too much champagne.  We were celebrating some good news we received today.   She's not a big drinker and it went straight her head.  She will be okay once I get her home.”  The intrusive woman seems to want to asks more questions but the elevator doors opens again and the group exits.  Once the doors closed Patrick asks “Baby what floor are you parked on?”  “The third floor I think.”  “Are you okay?”  “Yeah I’m fine; just tired all of a sudden.  I have no energy right now; ready to go to sleep.  What happened to me?”  Patrick realized she wasn't aware she had experienced her first orgasms.  “Ah, I believe you had several powerful orgasms my love and if I’m not mistaken for the first time.”  Lovely response was to yawn and she snuggles closer to his chest ready for a nap.  The elevator doors opens on the third floor and he walks out with Lovely cuddled snugly in his arms. 







Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Follow my Face Book Author page, on Twitter @yapdumas, Author Page on Amazon or I can be emailed at yapdumas@outlook.com if you want to find out what's new and upcoming releases.

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)