BOOK DRAMA ~ AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ~ ANGEL MECHELLE



When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I wanted to be a journalist back in the day. I have always had a love for words and the art of storytelling. I think it began to really show in my teenage years (middle school/high school). Remember when we used to pass notes back and forth in school? (I’m showing my age now lol) Well my notes were always books well over the one or two page norm! I would write the longest letters to my boyfriends proclaiming my undying love and replay all of the weekend’s events play by play to my girlfriends in these letters. I’d write my parent’s letters to express my feelings about certain incident or situation, I’ve always been better at communicating my thoughts on paper. So, I think I’ve always had the writing bug in me.
Where do your ideas come from?
It’s no secret that my ideas come from my life. Every book or short story I’ve written was inspired by actual events.
How long does it take you to write a book?
It really depends. It took me over one year to write Another Woman’s Husband and it took me about seven months to write the sequel. I’m almost finished with Her Cougar Chronicles and I’ve only been working on that for a few months.
Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
I’ve never used an outline. I think that is because most of the stories I write are inspired by my life, so it is just a matter of recalling the memories and making them fit. I enjoy free styling it, although I’ve heard it is much easier when you use an outline.
How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
I’m still evolving. However, I know that my writing has grown. I’ve learned so much from working with professional editors and other industry professionals. I’m definitely not where I want to be creatively, but I am getting there. I absorb every jewel that is dropped for sure.
What is the hardest thing about writing?
For me the hardest thing is being consistent! I am very easily distracted, so staying on task is something I struggle with.
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Schedule, what’s that? In the beginning I’m really all over the place when it comes to writing. But once I’m flowing, I try to wake up early in the morning around 5:00 and write until I feel I need a break. I’ll go about my daily tasks and jump right back in and write until I feel I need a break. When I’m really grinding, I prefer to do that over sleep. I definitely lose a lot of sleep when I am working on something.
What is your latest release and what's next?
My next release is Her Cougar Chronicles! And after that, I’m not too sure. I have my hands in so many things right now, but I’m looking forward to an amazing and productive year!





 https://www.facebook.com/angelmechelle

Twitter and IG @Awritez

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/191-2641101-3047602?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=another+woman%27s+husband


Angel Mechelle









Post a Comment

0 Comments