BOOK DRAMA ~ AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ~ ADRIENNE THOMPSON






When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I first realized it in 2009. I was working as an RN, taking care of my three kids as a single mother and my second child had just graduated from high school. I finally had time to think and I realized that nursing was not my passion. I remembered that I’d always been good at writing poetry and writing anything, really. I was even good at charting at work, lol. And then I remembered that I was a great verbal storyteller, so after much prayer I realized my calling was in writing.


How long does it take you to write a book?
It varies. It took me 6 months to write my first book but I was working full time and was a single mother at the time. I’m still a single mother, but now that I am a full-time writer and I have some books under my belt, I could write a book in a month or so if the characters are really calling me.


What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
It really depends on the characters. If they are really loud in my head, I can write all day, every day with few breaks and that’s usually what I do. I’ll binge write and then get so tired that I’ll have to take a break and won’t be able to write for a couple of weeks. I don’t have sense enough to plan out a schedule, lol. I also work on three or four books at the same time. I know, crazy, right?



TELL US ABOUT YOUR LATEST RELEASE, BEEN SO LONG III




My latest book is Been So Long III (Whatever It Takes). Been So Long III is actuallt 5th book in my Been So Long Series which also includes a companion novel and a prequel. Here’s a short synopsis:

They’re back…
Mona-Lisa, Corey, and Wasif return in the third installment of the popular Been So Long Series with more drama, more ups and downs, and the ongoing battle of love vs. lust. Full of fast-paced drama and twists and turns, Been So Long III is a surefire must-read for fans of this series.

And tell us about what's coming next.

Next up is If (Wasif’s Story) A Been So Long Prequel that will be available for FREE on my website (http://adriennethompsonwrites.webs.com) as a gift to fans of the series. It will be available as a PDF download on 6.19.14 so readers should be on the lookout for it J





ADRIENNE THOMPSON'S BIO
Married at sixteen, a mother twice by seventeen, and thrice a mother and divorced by twenty-four, Adrienne Thompson is no stranger to adversity. Not your typical teenage mother, she went on to complete her college degree and to earn her nursing license. She attributes God's faithfulness as the catalyst for her success in life. Now, having raised two children as a divorced mother, with a third fast-approaching adulthood, she is sharing a long hidden talent and passion with the world. Using the lessons that life has so expertly taught her as a guideline (betrayal, abusive relationships, self-esteem issues, witnessing the deteriorating effects of drug abuse), she has created stories that will both entertain and inspire the reader.
Adrienne currently resides in Arkansas with her daughter. Formerly an RN, she now writes and publishes her stories full time.




Twitter: FOLLOW ADRIENNE
Instagram:ADRIENNE'S IG
Amazon Author Page: ADRIENNE ON KINDLE
Barnes and Noble: ADRIENNE ON NOOK
YouTube Channel: WATCH ADRIENNE

Post a Comment

0 Comments