Weight Loss Journey Update

My journey so far...
.
October of last year everything changed. I realized I wanted to lose weight, but I wasn't able to commit to myself. So addicted to sugar, so convinced that I wasn't really going to be able to change, so uncomfortable with my weight, I was depressed. Truly sad inside. I experienced a series of personal loss and defeats. I became a different person, and that person scared me. She was weak. I didn't want to be her, so I started working out.

I went hard.



I would go to the gym 4 times a week and stay an hour each time. I did squat challenges, crunch challenges, every challenge. I didn't want to do it, but I didn't want to be weak, so I forced myself. In November I started to like it. I wanted to go to the gym. I couldn't really see the results, but I felt strong, and that was what I needed most, strength. December I was in a rhythm. I could see my body changing. Now, I was mad if I couldn't get to the gym. Food started to taste different. Sugar was less appealing. It was fucking working!!!!!

I went harder.

MISTAKE. I went to work after working out and my chest was hurting. I was rushed to the hospital. I thought they were going to tell me that I pulled a muscle, no such luck. I was being admitted to the stroke unit.

Did I have a stroke???

No but I was so anemic that I had to get several transfusions, my blood sugar kept bottoming out. I was told to stay out of the gym. My body couldn't handle the strain, and my heart was overworking. Come on man, I need to go to the gym. I need to sweat. I am trying to fix something that's broken.

Nope, no dice.

I stayed out of the gym, and started T25. That was enough for a while. I was getting toned, and still staying on the right track. Problem was, I was still working full time. My body couldn't take it. I had lost a total of 35lbs, but I gained back 10. I realized that I had to stop working and address my health issues if I really wanted to lose this weight. That's where I am right now. I am no longer working as a nurse. Back to full time authorhood, and full time lifestyle changes. Somewhere in the winter I fell in love with myself. I'm not thin... I still need to lose 90 lbs, but I'm not sad. I feel sexy in my clothes, and I am so blessed to have the Julia Press Simmons Weight Loss Group and their awesome support.


Until Next Time
Julia


Post a Comment

0 Comments