Memorials Day...

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.
 "In Flanders Fields," Moina Michael

I do not know the heart wrenching pain that the fallen leaves with their loved ones. I can not comprehend their anguish.

I do not know the courage of the men and women who lay their life down for their country. I can not comprehend their strength.

All I know for certain is my feelings. I am grateful to the people who made the greatest sacrifice for our safety. I am sorry for the loss of the families they leave behind.

I watched the news clip of Vice President Biden as he spoke to the families and friends of military personnel killed in action with tears in my eyes. And as I run around shopping for groceries, cooking for my family and doing a host of other things, I want you all to know that I realize the true meaning of Memorials Day.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE. SOMETIMES THE COST IS TOO HIGH TO QUANTIFY.

Until Next Time
Julia

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments