Day 4

I woke up (for the second time today) nervous. Lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, taking deep breaths, and trying to find the courage needed to face the day. I had to go back to the dentist and will be going just about weekly until all of my oral problems are a memory.
I hate the dentist… and that’s all I’m going to say about that (in my Forest Gump voice)
After I came home, I filled my goblet to the rim with Moscato and sat in the window watching the rain. I’d logged on to facebook and twitter, but I wasn’t really participating. I think I did it out of habit. I pulled out my journal and looked at all the writing projects that needed to be completed.
I was overwhelmed and had to make some pretty hard choices.
After I attempted to write, at least work on an outline, it occurred to me that the rain wasn’t going to let up and if I wanted to get a walk in… shit … now or never. I wrapped my face in a scarf, put on my oversized down coat, and hit the streets.
A funny thing happened on my walk
I found strength. My legs and feet were hurting, and the small of my back was burning like a cheap tricks crotch, but I was becoming stronger in my convictions.
I can’t do it all. I have to let a few things go. Once I accepted this, lightning clapped and thunder rolled (because it was raining… lol.) However, the world, our wonderful, wonderful world did not stop spinning on its axis. Everything is going to be okay, and I am going to bed with a little less stress!

30 DAYS + 30 WALKS + 30 BLOGS = DISCIPLINE

Until next time
Julia

Post a Comment

0 Comments